Thursday, February 6, 2014

Digital Learning Day 2014

My classes participated in Digital Learning Day again this year. I admit it's hard to get "pumped" for something you do every day, but I believe in the purpose...which is why joined the Twitter party and tweeted what my classes happened to be doing yesterday:


My students continued a Super Bowl blogging activity we started earlier in the week. We'd already discussed the various persuasive techniques companies use in their ads.  The students chose their favorite Super Bowl commercial and did a blog post on the persuasive techniques used. This lesson is always a winner. (It's also another opportunity for students to improve their writing. I've enjoyed watching my students become more "aware" of their writing.  They're getting better.)

Student Work Samples: Beats Music | Spiderman Trailer | Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt | Honda

I have never known a classroom without technology (since I teach business and technology), but I DO recognize how new technology has allowed me to further differentiate my instruction. So I appreciate Digital Learning Day and its goal of supporting the effective use of technology to improve education for all students.

Visit DigitalLearningDay.org for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment