Saturday, January 4, 2014

I come with purpose.

Hey, good people. Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays.

Today I come with purpose.

The last time I blogged (my first post here, actually) I didn't quite know where I wanted to go with this blog.  Today, I am 100% sure where I want to go with it.

Like I mentioned, I've been a blogger for a while.  I've stuck with this little hobby for five years, and I've been successful.  I don't mean successful in the sense that I've made money (though I've made a little) or have been given opportunities (though there have been a couple).  My personal/family blog has been successful because I've stayed true to its purpose.  I set out to journal our family life, and that's exactly what I did.  What I still do today.  

So I asked myself over the break what I wanted from this blog, and my answer came easily.  I simply want to document my teaching journey.  I don't care to write deep teaching theories or give my opinion on education today (though I can't promise I won't go into that). I simply want to look back years from now and see things my students did...and things I did.  Look back and see the growth..the progress...the lessons.  That's one of the things I treasure most about my family blog, and I'd love to bring the magic here, too.

So I'm letting the magic begin.  My next few posts will document some 2013 highlights -- from professional development to student conferences to classroom happenings. I will document the great things 2014 brings, too, as they come.

Looking forward to the journey!

G

Image Credit: My phone. Just a random pic from a recent run.  And an early indication that my obsession with the sun (rise and set) may spill over to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment